Chia seeds are known for their high level of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidant properties, but the challenge is to morph hard little granular chia seeds into a pudding so creamy, rich, and well, enough like pudding to convince the kids. When mixed with liquid, chia seeds expand and take on a different texture, something similar to gelatin. Adding just three other simple ingredients to them resulted in this healthy breakfast (or dessert), which is full of vanilla and honey in every bite. I use full fat cow's milk for this recipe, but it also works well with rice, almond, and most other kinds of milk. Add chopped fresh fruit for a wholesome meal. Enjoy!
- milk - 2 cups
- honey - 1/4 cup , maple syrup or agave
- vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
- chia seeds - 1/2 cup
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, honey and vanilla. Add the chia seeds and pulse with immersion blender for 30 seconds.
2. Cover and Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, stirring once halfway through.
3. Serve chilled or at room temperature.