Vegetables are an integral part of a well balanced meal. I love taking a vegetable and presenting it in the best way possible. These zucchini spears will disappear as soon as they come out of the oven.
- medium zucchini - 3 , unpeeled and cut into spears
- Sweet-andpungent Sauce
- oil - 4 Tbsp
- onions - 2 , sliced in rings
- cloves garlic - 2 , crushed
- stalks celery - 8 , thinly sliced
- apricot jam - 2 10-oz (280-g) jars (approximately 2¼ cups)
- ketchup - 2 cups
- brown sugar - 6 heapingTbsp , tightly packed
Preheat oven to broil. Broil on high for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and toss roasted zucchini with sweet and pungent sauce until vegetables are well coated. Serve warm.
Sauté onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic and celery and sauté for an additional 3–5 minutes. Add apricot jam, ketchup, and rown sugar and mix well. Divide in half.
Prop styling by Amit Farber.
Photos by Daniel Lailah.
This recipe originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazine.