This is the salad you
- 16 oz (450 gram) fresh spinach leaves or romaine lettuce -
- 8–10 oz (approx. 225 gr) shredded purple cabbage -
- 1 small onion, cut into rings -
- 2–4 kiwis, cut into half circles -
- 1 cup dried cranberries -
- 1 cup cashew pieces, roasted -
- 4 Tbsp oil -
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar -
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste -
- 1–2 tsp sugar -
- 4 tsp dry dill weed -
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning -
Tear spinach or lettuce into pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the rest of the salad ingredients (cashews can either be tossed into salad or used as a garnish) and mix well. Place all dressing ingredients in a small container and shake well. Pour over salad and toss to distribute evenly.
Adjust amounts of salad ingredients to your taste. It’s best to use apple cider vinegar in the dressing and not substitute regular vinegar.
If you don’t have Italian seasoning, use 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp dried parsley, 1/8 tsp garlic powder and a pinch of rosemary and thyme.