- chicken cutlets - 1 1/2 lbs , cut into nuggets
- oil for frying -
- potato starch - 1 cup
- salt - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 Tbsp
- water - ½ cup
- oil - 2 tsp
- eggs - 2
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- apricot jam - 1/2 cup
- brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- ketchup - 1/4 cup
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp or vinegar
- garlic clove - 1 , crushed
- pinch salt -
- pinch coarse black pepper -
1. In a medium bowl, combine potato starch, salt, paprika, water, oil, eggs, and baking powder. Add chicken nuggets to batter.
2. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken nuggets, a few at a time, and fry until golden, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Prepare the dipping sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine jam, brown sugar, ketchup, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
4. Serve dipping sauce alongside chicken, or toss with chicken in a heated skillet. Alternatively, for softer nuggets, you can drizzle the sauce over the chicken and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
-excerpted with permission from "Passover Made Easy" by Leah Schapira and Victoria Dweck.