The ingredients in this recipe are just suggestions you can add more or less of any of them that you like.
- 2-4 cups of cooked turkey (or chicken) meat, coarsely chopped -
- 3 to 4 stalks celery, chopped -
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped -
- 6 to 8 black or green olives, chopped -
- 1/2 chopped red onion -
- 1 red delicious apple, cored and chopped -
- 1/3 to 1/2 head of lettuce, sliced and chopped -
- 5 to 7 tablespoons of mayonnaise -
- 1 tablespoon honey -
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice -
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley -
- Salt and pepper to taste -
In a salad bowl combine the turkey, celery, red pepper, olives, onion apple and lettuce. Toss to combine. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, parsley, and honey and lemon juice (you can use leftover white wine if you like). Whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat and serve.