- white chicken - 1 lb (1/2 kg) ground or white turkey
- eggs - 2
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- potato - 1 , cooked and mashed
- onion - 1 small, diced or puréed
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix them well. Refrigerate the batter for about an hour to make the batter firm.
2. Make small balls out of it and drop them into boiling water. Cook the kneidlach for about 3/4 of an hour.
3. Add them to the soup pot about 45 minutes before the soup finishes.
Note: Kneidlach can be made in advance and frozen. Remove them from the freezer and place them in the soup approximately 45 minutes before the soup finishes cooking.