This salad is perfect for anyone who likes the combination of fruit and vegetables. It
- 1 lb. (500 g) mixed lettuces (romaine, iceberg, mesclun, spinach, etc.) -
- 1 mango, sliced thinly -
- 12 strawberries, sliced, or 1/3 cup of dried cranberries -
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly -
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans -
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts -
- 1 avocado, sliced -
- Dill-Lime Dressing -
- 1 cup mayonnaise -
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice -
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar -
- 1/2 cup sugar -
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- 1/2 tsp black pepper -
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill -
Place lettuces, mango, strawberries/cranberries, and red onion in a bowl. Right before serving, add nuts, avocado, and dressing. Toss lightly.
Pulse all in a food processor or use a hand blender for 30 seconds. Add up to 2 tablespoons water if it’s too thick. (You can also make this in a bowl, using a whisk, if necessary.)
Note Fruits and vegetables should be cleaned and checked for bugs. Whether or not strawberries can be made free of infestation is a subject of dispute among contemporary authorities; consult your halachic authority for guidance.
This recipe originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazine.