These just might be the best Pesach cookies you have ever tasted!
- 3/4 cup margarine (1 and 1/2 stick) at room temperature -
- 1 cup white sugar -
- 1 cup brown sugar -
- 2 eggs -
- 3 1/4 cups very finely ground blanched almonds -
- 1/2 cup potato starch -
- 1 cup chopped pecans -
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes -
- 1 cup chocolate chips -
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an electric mixer fitted with a beater, beat sugars, and margarine until creamy. Add the eggs, ground almonds, potato starch and mix again until incorporated. Add the chopped pecans, coconut flakes and chocolate chips and mix by hand until incorporated into the dough.
3. Roll into walnut sized balls and place onto a lined cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches on each side to flatten. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes. Cookies will be soft but they harden slightly as they cool.
Note: These cookies freeze well.