- 3 onions, finely diced -
- 6 zucchini grated in a food processor, or finely diced. -
- 1 1/2 cups milk -
- 2 Tbsp potato starch -
- 2 cloves or 2 cubes minced garlic -
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese -
- 4 slices American cheese -
- 2 slices low fat edam cheese (optional) -
- Black pepper -
1. Sautee the onions in just a bit of oil, long and slow, occasionally stirring, for about 20 min. Add in zucchini and cook over low fire for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cover for first half, then uncover.
2. Put the milk, potato starch and garlic into a small pot and bring to just below boiling, stirring to dissolve any lumps. When sauce has thickened, add the cheeses and stir until dissolved. Add about 4 - 5 turns of black pepper.
Add the zucchini into the cheese sauce and stir until combined.