You know how you
- 1 1/2 chickens, cut into eighths -
- 1–2 Tbsp oil -
- 8 cloves garlic, 4 crushed and 4 sliced -
- 5–6 Tbsp chili sauce -
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey -
- 1 tsp paprika -
- 4 splashes hot sauce, or to taste -
- a generous squirt of ketchup -
- 1/2–1 tsp salt -
- bread crumbs, for coating chicken -
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional) -
Clean and dry chicken pieces and place in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Sauté garlic in oil for 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly, taking care that it doesn’t burn. Combine garlic with other sauce ingredients and spread over chicken pieces until evenly coated. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove chicken from oven and sprinkle generously with bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Return to oven and continue baking, covered, for an additional ½ hour. Remove foil and bake uncovered for additional ½ hour, until chicken looks crispy.
Photos by Dainel Lailah.
Food Styling buy Michal Lebowitz.
This recipe originally appeared in MISHPACHA MAGAZINE.