- 10 oz ground turkey or chicken -
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and minced -
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced -
- 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs -
- 1 tablespoon minced water chestnuts -
- 1 egg white -
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce -
- 1/4 cup sweet and sour sauce -
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce -
Preheat oven to 375. Spray a jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, lightly combine the turkey, pepper, scallions, bread crumbs, water chestnuts, egg white and soy sauce. Shape into 32 equal meatballs, about 1" each; place on the pan. Bake until cooked through and browned, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 2 qt microwavable dish, combine the sweet and sour sauce and applesauce; microwave on high until hot and bubbling, 2 minutes. Stir in meatballs and serve.