A quick, easy recipe for delicious challah.
- 1 1/4 c water or plain soymilk -
- 3 XL eggs -
- 1/3 C oil -
- 1/2 c. sugar -
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salt -
- 5 1/2 c (approx) flour - can use up to 2 c ww flour -
- 2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast -
1. Place all ingredients into bread machine in order. Set for dough cyle. (my machine's dough cycle is 2 hours, but I let the dough rise another hour - until pushing the top of the machine up)
2. turn out dough onto floured and/or sprayed counter. Knead gently for 1 min. Shape and braid challahs. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets. (I like to double pan to prevent burning of the bottoms)
3. Let rise, covered, for 1 hour
4. bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 20 min, depending on size of challahs. Freezes well, well-wrapped. Enjoy!