- 2 Cups Sugar -
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour -
- 3/4 Cup cocoa -
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder -
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 2 eggs -
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy creamer) -
- 1/2 cup oil -
- 2 tsp vanilla extract -
- 1 cup boiling water -
- 1⁄8 tsp maple extract (McCormick maple flavor) -
- 2 Tbsp canola oil -
- 1 Tbsp water -
- Pinch of salt -
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar -
- Crunch for sprinkling ( I like Presidents Choice Maple Crunch) -
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. Add all wet ingredients except for the boiling water. Mix well.
3. Add boiing water and mix again.
4. Pour into muffin cups and bake 22-25 minutes until done.
5. For topping: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. Pour over cooled muffins. Top with any crunch. I like presidents choice brand Maple Crunch.