This article is re-printed with permission from www.EstherODesigns.com.
It first appeared in Mishpacha Magazine, Family First, March 2012
Photography by Dan Engongoro www.studioeimaging.com
The bottle of wine is the classic Mishloach Manot item on everyone’s list. For the Rabbi, teacher, in-laws, etc, a bottle of wine is always on our list for someone. Here’s an idea to present it in an elegant and unique way. This diamond wrap trim used, cuts and glues easily, and is simple to assemble. Paired together with a matching box filled with Cannolis, with minimal effort you’ll have a classy presentation.
- 1 bottle of wine, schnapps or grape juice
- Diamond wrap (available at many florists)
- Glue Gun
- Measure area on bottle and box to be covered
- Cut diamond wrap to size
- Using a glue gun, glue in place
- Make a bow, cut a small piece of diamond wrap, and glue in center of bow
Supplies for Cannolis (view recipe alone here)
- 1 package of Presidor Cannolis (GWB Foods)
- 1- 8 oz. whip
- 4 T Instant Vanilla pudding
- 6 oz Baking Chocolate
- Plastic box to fit Cannolis
- Beat whip till firm – add vanilla pudding.
- Fill a pastry bag (or freezer Ziploc) with star tip and pipe whip into cannolis.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave.
- Dip ends into chocolate.