I love bold color; it puts me on that high that some get from sugar. I think life is more exciting in bold colors and try to add them wherever I can. I originally made these cookies rolled simply in icing sugar, but as I sat looking at the jar of non-pareils sitting in my pantry, I knew I
- 2 sticks butter or margarine -
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla powder -
- 1/8 teaspoon salt -
- 2 cups flour -
- 1 cup non pareils -
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 3 cookie sheets with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar. Add vanilla and salt and mix until well blended.
3. On low speed, add in flour until just incorporated.
4. Using one tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and coat with non pareils. Place on cookies sheet leaving 1 inch between cookies.
5. Bake on middle rack for 14 minutes, until just starting to darken on the edges.
This recipe was part of a series done using Bakto Flavors Products. To read full article and see other featured recipes using Bakto products click here.