Concord wine grapes are ideal for this recipe, but it works well with other varieties as well. Thanks to my Aunt Chaya for this recipe.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts -
- 1/3 cup olive oil -
- 2 cloves garlic, minced -
- 2 tsp dried basil -
- 1 tsp soy sauce -
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper -
- Grape Salsa
- 2 cups Concord or red grapes (you can also mix the red grapes with some green), halved (or quartered if grapes are big) -
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced -
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar -
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves (optional) -
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper -
Preheat oven to broil or grill. Pound chicken breasts to ¼-inch (½-cm) thickness in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add to the plastic bag and let sit for 15 minutes or up to 4 hours. Broil or grill chicken for 4–5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Serve warm or room temperature with salsa. To prepare salsa, mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Let flavors meld for about 15 minutes. Serve over chicken.