Slather this great vanilla butter on HOT French toast and have the delicious goodness melt in. Yum..
- French Toast
- 1 large challah, sliced -
- 6 large eggs -
- 2 cups of milk (we used soy due to child's allergy) -
- 2 tbsp ground vanilla sugar (I used Bakto Ground Vanilla Cane Sugar) -
- Vanilla Butter
- 1 stick of margarine (or butter), softened -
- 1 teaspoon of ground vanilla beans (I used Bakto Ground Vanilla Beans) -
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar -
Preheat griddle on high.
Whisk eggs, milk and sugar.
Dip the challah in to the mixture and quickly place on lightly sprayed with non stick spray griddle. If you wait too long the challah starts to fall apart.
Leave on griddle for a few minutes until lightly browned and then flip to cook the other side.
These can be served as is or with syrup, but I took it to one more level with the Vanilla Butter:
You could blend these with a fork, but I used a hand mixer. Gather everything in to a log and wrap in wax paper to keep. Enjoy!
This recipe was part of a series done using Bakto Flavors Products. To read full article and see other featured recipes using Bakto products click here.