When I first heard about a dish that had peanut butter and pasta in the same bowl I wasn't convinced it would be my speed. I chanced upon it later on at a new restaurant in Miami Beach. After that taste I knew this was a taste combo I would be testing out quick- so here it is! The perfect dinner for a chilly night.
- 2 B'gan frozen garlic cubes -
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter -
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce -
- 1/4 cup sugar -
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar or wine vinegar -
- 1 tsp minced ginger, optional -
- 2 tsp sesame oil -
- 1/4 cup cold water (approximately) -
- 10 oz pasta of your choice -
- 1 bag (1 lb bag) of B'Gan California frozen veggie mix (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, or similar mix) -
- 1 cup frozen edamame beans -
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly -
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes -
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds -
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend with a whisk until smooth. If sauce is too thick, thin it with a few drops of water.
2. Bring 2 large pots of water to a boil. Salt both of them. In one, cook the pasta until al dente. In the other, blanch the vegetables and edamame beans until colors are just brightened, about 1-2 minutes. Strain the vegetables and set aside.
3. Next, strain the pasta as well. Mix the peanut butter sauce into the pasta while it’s still hot, and then toss in the vegetables and sesame seeds and toss lightly. Sprinkle with green onions and red pepper flakes and some more sesame seeds to garnish.
Serve warm or room temperature.