This soup is really yummy! I always make it on those cold rainy days when we are trapped inside. Very hearty and filling!
- 1 tbsp olive oil -
- 2 large onions, diced -
- 3 stalks celery, chopped -
- 3 garlic cloves, minced -
- 3 carrots, diced -
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms ( I use one package regular mushrooms and one package baby bella.) -
- 1/2 cup barley black pepper and salt to taste -
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil -
- 8 cups hot water (with some soup mix) or chicken broth -
- 2 tbsp fresh dill -
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley -
Saute onion, celery, garlic, and mushrooms. Add carrots and saute a little longer. Add 2-3 tbsp waters so it doesnt stick. Add hot water, basil, salt and pepper, and barley. Bring to a boil and then simmer1 hour. Add parsley and dill and boil a drop longer. Personally, I use teh frozen cubes for the herbs and garlic. Enjoy!