This recipe is my family
- 1 pound dried cannellini beans (any white bean works) -
- 1 cup oat groats -
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving -
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled -
- 1 celery stalk -
- 3 shallots, peeled -
- 2 rosemary sprigs -
- 2 thyme sprigs -
- 1 bay leaf -
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, or more to taste -
- Water, as needed -
- Extra virgin olive oil -
- Chili flakes -
- Fresh rosemary, chopped -
- Fresh thyme, chopped -
- Chives, chopped -
- Freshly ground black pepper -
- Flaky sea salt -
- Nutritional yeast -
1. Soak bean overnight. Rinse and drain.
2. Place beans in a slow cooker insert. Add oat groats, olive oil, celery and shallots. Tie rosemary, thyme and bay leaf with kitchen twine and add into the slow cooker. Add salt and cover all with water until it’s covered by2 inches.
3. Cover, and cook on medium (for about 6-7 hours) or on high for 3 hours.
4. Serve in bowls and offer toppings.
Read full article titled "Oats, Thinking out of the Breakfast Bowl" here.