Milching, hearty soup, great after a fast.
- oil, for sauteeing -
- 1-2 medium onions, chopped -
- 4-5 large potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks -
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut in chunks -
- 2 tsp. dried dill -
- 1 1/2 tsp, salt (to taste) -
- 1/2 tsp. pepper -
- 3 cups water -
- 1 cup milk -
- 1 cup of grated chedder or mozarella cheese -
- crouton to garnish -
In 4 quart pot, saute onion until tender. Add potatoes, carrots, seasonings and water. Cook on med. heat until vegetables are tender. Puree with hand blender in pot. Add milk and cheese. Can garnish with grated cheese and croutons right before serving. If soup is too thick add a little more milk. Can be frozen , but add cheese after thawing and reheating. Do not boil soup once cheese is added or it will toughen.