- 3 large eggs -
- 1/2 cup sugar -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -- packed -
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil -
- 1/3 cup molasses -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla -
- 2 1/2 cups flour -
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger -
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon -
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves -
- 8 ounces white chocolate -- chopped, or chips -
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In bowl beat eggs with granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar and continue beating. Add oil in thin stream, then molasses and vanilla. In another bowl whisk together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves; add to egg mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in chocolate. Refrigerate dough for an hour or until firm.
3. Form dough into 2 equal rolls. Place about 4 inches apart on parchment paper-lined or greased baking sheets. Flatten each roll until about 3 inches wide, leaving top slightly rounded.
4. Bake in centre of 350 F. oven for 30 minutes or until firm and tops are golden. Let cool on pan on rack for at least 1 hour. Transfer to cutting board; with serrated knife, cut into 1/2" thick slices . Place biscotti cut side down on baking sheets. Return to 300F. oven; bake, turning once for 8 minutes per side until dry and crisp. Let cool on rack. Store in airtight container.
To see more cookies/biscotti from Nanette click here.