Dried thyme makes the difference.
- 1 onion, diced -
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped -
- 3 carrots, sliced -
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, cubed -
- 2 zucchini, cubed-optional -
- 2 parsnips, cubed-optional -
- 1 butternut squash, roasted -
- 1 acorn squash, roasted -
- salt and pepper to taste -
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed to release flavor -
Saute onion in a big soup pot, until translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant about 2-3 minutes. Add prepared vegetables and seasonings. cook until veggies begin to soften, about 15-20 minutes. Add water to cover vegetables and cook on medium heat for 1 hour, or until everything is cooked through. Blend the soup using an immersion blender. Taste if more seasoning is needed. Enjoy!