Quiche is a great main dish for any milchig party. Here is a basic, really simple recipe that tastes great, no matter what you choose to add. Mix and match the add-ins, and enjoy!
- 1 9-inch (23-cm) pie crust -
- Filling Base
- 2 eggs -
- 2 Tbsp flour -
- 1/2 cup milk (use soy milk for pareve version) -
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (low fat is fine) -
- Add Ins Choose one or a few, mix and match!
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese or a mix (I suggest using cheese along with at least one of the suggestions below) -
- 1 cup chopped broccoli -
- 1 can tuna, drained -
- 1 can salmon, drained -
- 2 onions, sautéed -
- 1 lb mushrooms (450 g), sliced and sautéed until soft -
- 1 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed well, to remove extra moisture -
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes -
- 2 potatoes, cooked and cubed -
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted -
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives -
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, parsley, or thyme -
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower -
- 2 large bell peppers, diced and sautéed just until softening -
- 1/2 cup chopped leek -
- 8 cubes goat cheese -
- 6 spears asparagus, steamed andchopped -
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame beans -
- For fleishig quiche 3 chopped hot dogs, along with potatoes, sautéed onions, and parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Place eggs in a mixing bowl and beat with a fork. Add flour and milk and beat with a fork until all the ingredients are combined. Add mayonnaise and mix until combined. Add your chosen fillings, and pour into the pie shell. Bake for 40– 45 minutes, or until top is just browning and center is firm to the touch.