Shoshana treated my family to the most incredible chocolate chip cookies...and the recipe! The original recipe called for shortening, but because the ingredients are sowell balanced, it doesn
- 2 cups oil -
- 1 cup sugar -
- 2 cups dark brown sugar -
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract -
- 4 eggs -
- 4 cups all-purpose flour -
- 4 tsp. baking powder -
- 1 tsp. salt -
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) chocolate chips -
- *Store-bought vanilla ice cream -
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. In the bowl of a mixer, beat the oil, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt on medium speed until well combined, about 2–3 minutes. Add the chocolate chips and combine.
2. Pour the batter into two 9-inch round baking pans and bake, uncovered, for 55–60 minutes. Serve the torte warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
3. To reheat, warm the torte, tightly covered, in a preheated 200° F oven for no longer than 1 hour. Serves 16.