Don't be overwhelmed by the photo. You
- alternative Use salmon gefilte fish.
- 1 roll (20 oz.) gefilte fish, thawed -
- 5 sheets nori seaweed -
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced -
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded -
- DIPPING SAUCES -
- Soy sauce -
- Wasabi sauce -
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Defrost the fi sh until it will spread evenly and divide into 5 equal portions. Place a sheet of nori seaweed, shiny side down, on a flat surface. Gently spread 1 portion of gefi lte fi sh on the seaweed. Arrange the sliced red peppers in a single row along one edge of the sheet. Follow with a row of shredded carrots alongside the peppers. Starting from the side with the peppers and carrots, tightly roll up the nori sheet jelly-roll style.
2. Repeat with the 4 remaining nori sheets. Transfer the rolls to a baking pan and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Allow to cool, then refrigerate until firm.
3. When ready to serve, slice the rolls into 1-inch pieces. Serve cold, with your choice of horseradish, soy sauce, wasabi sauce, or mayo for dipping. Serves 5.