Creating the best recipe for quinoa presented a serious challenge. Quinoa is so healthy and good for you, and you know you should like it, but perhaps you
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (prepared according to package directions) -
- 4 eggs -
- 1 cup flavored cornflake crumbs -
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt or sea salt -
- 4 cloves garlic, minced -
- 1 cup scallions or chives, thinly sliced -
- Fresh black pepper -
- Oil, for frying -
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise -
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice -
- 5 cloves garlic, minced -
- 1 Tbsp. water -
- 1/2 tsp. paprika -
1. To prepare the aioli: In a small bowl, combine the aioli ingredients until mixed.
2. To prepare the patties: In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa, eggs, cornflake crumbs, salt, garlic, scallions or chives, and black pepper.
3. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Form the quinoa mixture into patties and fry in the oil until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Serve warm or at room temperature with the aioli spooned on top.