This cake makes a beautiful presentation and is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The orange glaze keeps it moist for as long as it lasts! I usually make it non-dairy but you can use milk instead of water or soy milk and make it dairy.
- 3 1/3 cups flour -
- 2 1/2 cups sugar -
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 4 teaspoons baking powder -
- 1 2/3 cup vegetable oil -
- 3 large eggs -
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract -
- 1 2/3 cup soy milk or water -
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds -
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar -
- 2 tablespoons orange juice -
1. Spray Bundt pan with non-dairy baking spray mixed with flour.
2. Preheat oven to: 350 F.
3. Place flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in bowl of electric mixer. Mix on slow speed for one minute. Make a well in the center of mixture and add: oil, eggs, Vanilla, soy milk and poppy seeds. Start to mix again on slow speed. As the batter forms, increase the mixing speed until the batter is smooth. Scrape it into Bundt pan with a spatula. Bake for 60-75 minutes or until cake tester, when inserted, comes out clean.
4. Mix confectioners' sugar and orange juice til they form a glaze. You can do this while cake is baking.
5. Remove cake from oven when it is done.Poke it all over with a cake tester. Spoon glaze over the entire cake so the glaze seeps into the holes. Cool in baking pan on a rack.
6. Run a long spatula around the outside of the cake; and then carefully invert it on to the rack. Cool completely before serving.