Delicious, moist, and easy - what more can you ask for? Also lower-fat.
- 2 c. sugar -
- 1/2 c. oil -
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce -
- 2 c. flour -
- 2 tsp. baking powder -
- 6 eggs -
- pinch of salt -
- 1 Tbsp vanilla -
- 1/3 - 1/2 c. chocolate syrup -
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional) -
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a bundt pan with Pam.
2. Mix sugar, oil and applesauce well. Add flour, baking powder, eggs, salt and vanilla. Mix just until all combined, about 1 minute, scraping sides several times.
3. Pour most of the batter into the prepared pan, leaving about 1 cup of batter in the bowl. Add the syrup and mix in. Pour the chocolate mixture over the batter, and marbelize carefully with a knife.
4. Bake 50-60 min, until done. Let cool in pan, then turn onto platter.
5. Can decorate by melting chocolate chips and drizzling over the cake.