A perfect bundt cake for any occasion. Light and refreshing any time of year.
- 1 cup butter or margarine -
- 2 cups sugar -
- 1 teaspoon salt -
- 4 large eggs -
- 2 teaspoons baking powder -
- 3 cups flour -
- 1 cup milk or soya milk -
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (use Edgeware) -
- FOR GLAZE
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (use zested lemons) -
- 3/4 cup sugar -
Mix margarine or butter with sugar in mixer until light and fluffy. Add salt, and mix a bit more. Add eggs, one at a time. Add remaining ingredients.
Pour into a sprayed bundt pan and smooth out the top gently with a rubber spatula. Bake cake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.
While cake bakes, combine ingredients for glaze. When fully cooled, remove cake from bundt pan. Using a skewer or cake tester poke many holes in top, and pour glaze all over, trying to get the glaze into the holes.