A wonderful grainy alternative to potato latkes. These take virtually minutes to put together since couscous itself takes only five minutes to steam.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil -
- 6 green onions, chopped -
- 1-1/3 cups chicken stock -
- 1-1/4 cups couscous -
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley -
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper -
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten -
- Vegetable oil -
1. Heat oil in saucepan set over medium het. Add green onions; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Pour in chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper and then eggs.
2. In large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat about ¼-inch of oil. Using ¼ cup measure, scoop out couscous, patting into measure. Add to pan, flattening slightly into a cake-like shape. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel lined racks to drain slightly Serve warm.
This recipe is part of a delicious Chanukah Menu by Daphna Rabinovitch. Click here to see the rest!