Here's my family's current Shabbat salad favorite! I'm sure your family will enjoy it just the same!
- 2 boxes fresh mushrooms -
- 3 Tbsp olive oil -
- salt -
- pepper -
- 1 bag shredded purple cabbage -
- 2 colored peppers, diced – I like to use orange and red -
- 1/2 cup slivered roasted almonds -
- 2 cup romaine lettuce -
- 1 medium onion, chopped -
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- 3/4 cup olive oil -
- 1 tsp mustard -
- 1/3 cup vinegar -
- 1/4 cup sugar -
1. Slice the mushrooms and mix them with olive oil and a light sprinkling of salt and pepper. Roast them at 350, for about 45 minutes, until they are no longer releasing any liquid. (they should not be very wet.)
2. Once the mushrooms are cooled, combine them with the shredded purple cabbage. Add the diced peppers and almonds, and toss with lettuce.
3. For Dressing: Blend everything together until well blended, and no large onion pieces remain. (Dressing stays fresh in the fridge for a long time!)
4. Pour dressing over salad shortly before serving.