This creamy dip is perfect for parties. Even before the actual meal is served, have this on the table for the kids to nosh. They literally gobble it up with bread sticks, animal crackers, graham crackers, and the like.
- 8 oz (225 gram) cream cheese (in Israel, use 5% soft cheese) -
- 3–4 Tbsp butter, softened -
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar or to taste -
- 1–2 Tbsp brown sugar -
- 1 package vanilla sugar -
- 1/4 tsp instant coffee, optional -
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips -
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and butter with a spoon, until light and fluffy. (This can be done in a mixer.) Add the sugars, vanilla, and coffee (if desired); mix until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Serve in a small bowl with crackers and/or cookies. Mini chocolate chip cookies are terrific with this. It beats dunking them in milk — hands down! Keep refrigerated until serving.
Low-fat version: Substitute low-fat cream cheese such as 3% soft cheese. Use just 1 Tbsp butter and melt it first. Use just 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup mini chips. Serve with apple wedges.
This recipe originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazine.