A fragrant, sweet kugel that can be a solution to all that leftover challah. Freezes well.
- 1 medium challah, soaked in a bowl of water -
- 5 eggs -
- 1 cup sugar -
- 1/2 cup oil -
- 1 instant vanilla pudding -
- 3 granny smith/gala apples, peeled and thinly sliced -
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon -
- 4 tablespoons sugar -
1. Allow challah to soak for about a half an hour. Discard the water and remove crust. Squeeze out remaining water.
2. In another bowl, add your eggs, sugar, oil and pudding mix and mix well.
3. Add squeezed out challah to the egg mixture, and mix that well.
4. Then add in the sliced apples and mix.
5. Place mixture into a well greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
6. Bake on 350 for one hour or until golden.