- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted -
- 1 cup brown sugar -
- 1 egg -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- Pinch of salt -
- 1 cup flour -
- Optional add-in's 1 cup nuts or 1 cup chocolate (or other flavored) chips or 2 Tablespoons espresso powder or 1/2 cup craisins etc…
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and line a 8x8 baking pan.
2. Mix melted butter with brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix in your choice of add-ins.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Don’t over bake; they are better chewy than dry.
4. Let cool and cut into 1” x 2” bars.