- 2 oranges -
- 1 small shallot, minced -
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar -
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard -
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil -
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt -
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper -
- 20 spears green and/or white asparagus, trimmed -
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, optional -
For the vinaigrette:
Zest 1 orange into a bowl, then in a separate bowl juice both oranges. Pour juice into a small saucepan. Over medium heat, boil the juice, until reduced and concentrated to about 3 tablespoons.
In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot and vinegar. Set aside 5 minutes. Add Dijon mustard, orange zest, and orange juice. Slowly whisk in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. ?
For the Asparagus:
Bring a saute pan full of water to the boil. Salt it, then add the asparagus and cook until tender, about 3 – 4 minutes. Drain, and immediately rinse under ice-cold water to stop additional cooking and retain the bright green color. Pat dry with paper towels and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and pecans.