Please note that spelt flour, though containing much lower levels of gluten than wheat, is not gluten-free. Celiacs should not eat spelt.
- 1 TBSP dry active yeast -
- 2 1/4 cups warm water -
- 1/2 cup oil -
- 1/3 cup honey -
- 3/4 TBSP salt -
- 4 cups white spelt flour -
- 3 1/2 cups whole spelt flour -
Combine yeast and warm water. Allow the mixture to rest for about 10 minutes, until frothy.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350.
3. Add oil and honey. Add 4 cups white spelt flour. Combine.
4. Add salt and the remaining 3 ½ cups whole spelt flour.
5. Allow to rise for no more than 40 minutes.
6. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.