Has your life been taken over by Hurricane Sandy? Thankfully where I live, we have only had to endure constant rain and howling winds
- 3 eggs -
- 1 cup sugar -
- 1 cup oil -
- 1 tsp. Vanilla -
- 1/4 tsp. Almond extract -
- 2 cups flour -
- 2 tsp. Baking powder -
- 1/2 tsp. Salt -
- 2 cups grape nuts cereal -
- ½ cup ground almonds -
- 1 cup icing sugar -
- 2 Tablespoon milk (parve or dairy) -
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon -
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract -
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line 1-2 cookie sheets with baking paper.
2. Beat eggs and sugar. Add oil, vanilla and almond extract.
3. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
4. Mix in grape nuts and almonds. Do not overmix.
5. Allow dough to rest for 15 minutes.
6. Form dough into a log the length of your baking sheet. (for smaller biscotti, divide dough in half and form a log on two baking sheets.)
7. Bake for 25 min. Remove from oven and slice into 1/2” slices while still hot.
8. Lower oven temperature to 325.
9. Lay biscotti slices on their side and return to oven for another 7 minutes.
10. In a bowl, combine icing sugar, milk, cinnamon and vanilla and stir until there are no lumps.
11. While biscotti are still warm, drizzle the frosting over with a spoon or fork.