Here I use the zest of an etrog to add an extra punch of flavor. If it is not etrog season, replace it with the zest of one lemon.
- 4 eggs -
- 1 3/4 cups sugar -
- 3 cups flour -
- 1 tbsp baking powder -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1 cup oil -
- 3/4 cup orange juice -
- Zest of 1 esrog, lemon -
- 1/2 cup of a good quality marmalade or orange jam that is chunky -
- 3/4 cup icing sugar -
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice -
- 1/2 tsp oil -
1. Place all the ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on medium speed until just combined.
2. Pour into a well greased bundt pan and bake for 1 hour. Let rest for 5 minutes on counter before turning over onto a plate.
3. Optional- mix icing ingredients and pour over cooled cake.