This green gem of a salad is the ideal foil for the richness of the chicken. The basil and coriander lend a refreshing note while the ginger provides just a smidgen of heat.
- 12 cups packed baby spinach leaves -
- 3 cups sliced baby cucumbers -
- 2 tbsp red wine -
- 1 tbsp lime juice -
- 1 tbsp honey -
- 2 tsp soy sauce -
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger -
- 2 cloves garlic, minced -
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- 1/4 tsp pepper -
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil -
- 2 tbsp each chopped fresh basil and fresh coriander -
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. In thin stream, gradually whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Stir in basil and coriander.
Gently toss together spinach and cucumbers. Pour in enough dressing to lightly coat leaves and cucumbers.