We made this recipe 4 weeks in a row
- One 3-4 pound roast (Brisket or Brick roast) -
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard -
- 2 medium onions sliced -
- 1/2 cup maple syrup -
- 1/3 cup soy sauce -
- salt and pepper to taste -
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut in large chunks -
- 1 cup red baby potatoes, cut in half -
1. Shmear (How do you say schmear in a fancy way?) roast with dijon mustard.
2. Spread onions on bottom of dutch oven , lay Dijon roast on top.
3. Cover tightly and bake at 350 for 1 and a half hours.
4. Uncover roast and place the sweet and baby potatoes under the meat. Turn over the meat so that the bottom is now on top.
5. Sprinkle the whole pot of potatoes and meat with salt and pepper.
6. Combine the maple syrup and soy sauce in a bowl and pour over meat. Recover tightly.
7. Bake for another hour and a half.
8. Slice and Serve.