As the Yom Tov cooking marathon begins, I am looking to get my freezer filled up quickly. I get the feeling sometimes it's not what
- 1 1/2 cups flour -
- 1/2 cup oil -
- 1/4 cup sugar -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1 Tbsp paprika -
- 1/4 tsp black pepper -
- 6 – 8 capons (boneless chicken thighs with skin on) -
- 3/4 cup boiling water -
- 1 slice pastrami per capon -
- 3/4 cup duck sauce -
1. Prepare kishke filling: Mix flour, oil, sugar, salt, paprika and pepper. Add the boiling water and mix well. Set aside.
2. Prepare the capons: Place skin side down, put one slice of pastrami on top of each piece. Spoon 1 1/2 Tbsp kishke filling on top of pastrami in the middle of the capon. Tuck both sides in, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place in a baking pan skin side up, repeat with remaining capons. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika, and pour about 3/4 cup duck sauce over the chicken.
3. Bake covered a 375 for about 1 hour 30 minutes.