Your guests will gobble this up! If a rolled turkey breast isn
- 2 Tbsp olive oil -
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce -
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice -
- 1/4 cup honey -
- 1/4 cup apricot jam -
- 2 tsp minced garlic -
- 1 tsp dried basil -
- 2 or 3 onions, thinly sliced -
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced -
- 1 boneless rolled turkey breast (about 4 lbs) -
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste -
- 1 cup orange juice -
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, jam, garlic and basil. Blend well.
2. Spray a large roasting pan with non-stick spray. Place onions and red pepper slices in bottom of pan.
3. Rinse turkey breast and pat dry. Place turkey breast on top of vegetables. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Drizzle with marinade, coating the turkey on all sides. Drizzle orange juice over and around the turkey. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or even overnight, basting occasionally. Remove from refrigerator about half hour before cooking.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast turkey, covered, calculating 25 to 30 minutes per lb as the cooking time. The total cooking time will be about 2 hours. Uncover the turkey the last 30 minutes of cooking. Baste occasionally. When done, the juices will run clear when pierced with a fork and a meat thermometer, when inserted into the thickest part of the roast, should register an internal temperature of 165°F to 170°F.
5. Remove pan from oven, cover, and let stand for 20 minutes before thinly slicing. Serve with pan juices and vegetables.
Yield: 10 servings. Keeps for up 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheats and/or freezes well.
Do-Ahead Tip: Prepare and cook turkey breast as directed. Slice thinly and place in an ovenproof casserole; top with pan juices. Refrigerate until needed, 1 to 2 days. Reheat covered for 20 to 25 minutes at 350°F.