- 2 tablespoons good olive oil -
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion -
- 1 small orange bell pepper, 1/2-inch diced -
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ( i used margarine) -
- Kernels cut from 5 ears yellow or white corn (4 cups) -
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt -
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper -
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil, minced fresh chives, and/or minced fresh parsley leaves (I used Eden Frozen Cubes instead and the results were terrific!) -
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Stir in the bell pepper and saute for 2 more minutes.
Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Over medium heat, add the corn, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn just loses its starchiness. Season to taste, gently stir in the basil or other green herbs, and serve hot.