This was an exciting addition to my Rosh Hashana menu. These souffles take center stage as the most celebrated siman dish and can be present at any seuda throughout the year.
- CARROT SOUFFLÉ
- 1 pound carrots, peeled -
- 3 large eggs -
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil -
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour -
- 1 teaspoon baking powder -
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- 1/4 cup cornflakes crumbs -
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar -
- 2 tablespoons margarine -
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts -
- Ground cinnamon -
Place carrots in a medium pot filled halfway with water and cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash carrots until smooth.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Add eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and vanilla to mashed carrots. Mix until just combined.
Place into a 9-inch round baking dish or 8 (4 ounce) ramekins.
Mix cornflake crumbs, brown sugar, margarine, nuts and cinnamon to taste in a small bowl. Sprinkle generously over carrot soufflé.
Bake 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.