This is the recipe that I ultimately used to make cupcakes for Idy
- 1 cup white sugar -
- 1/2 cup margarine -
- 2 eggs -
- 2 tsp vanilla extract -
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour -
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder -
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative -
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). If making a cake, grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan. If making cupcakes, line your muffin pan with paper lingers.
2. Cream together the sugar and margarine. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla. Sift together flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally, slowly pour in the milk-alternative until batter is smooth.
3. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan or muffin tins. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.