- 2 pounds strawberries, washed and hulled (about 1 quart plus 1/2 pint) -
- 14 mint leaves, divided -
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice -
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (or more depending on tartness of fruit) -
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water, optional -
- 1 1/2 cups of ¼ -inch diced fruit, such as kiwi, mango, and/or apricot -
1. Place the strawberries in a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and purée until smooth, scraping down the bowl to get all the pieces puréed. Add 8 of the mint leaves, the lemon juice, confectioners’ sugar, and orange blossom water if using and process again until well mixed. Taste to see if it needs any more sugar and add to taste.
2. Cut the remaining 6 mint leaves into very thin slices.
3. To serve, ladle the purée into small bowls and scoop up 1/4 cup of fruit and add to each bowl. Sprinkle some of the sliced mint leaves on top. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.