These muffins are a delicious addition to a milchig meal. If you don
- 6 Tbsp olive oil -
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion -
- 1 clove garlic, minced -
- 1 egg, beaten -
- 2 cups flour -
- 2 3/4 tsp baking powder -
- 3/4 tsp salt -
- 1 tsp chopped oregano leaves, preferably fresh -
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese -
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese -
- 1 cup tomato juice or the equivalent of tomato paste and water, or tomato sauce -
- pinch sugar -
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
In a small frying pan, heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil over a medium-high flame. Sauté the onions and garlic until they are translucent. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the egg, flour, baking powder, salt, oregano, mozzarella cheese, tomato juice, and sugar. Mix this together and then spoon it into muffin tins lined with cupcake holders.
Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.