- 1 pkg. frozen puff pastry squares (roughly 4” , 8 per package) -
- 4 Tablespoons Jam -
- ½ cup sugar -
- 3 oz. ground nuts -
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla sugar -
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a bowl, combine jam, sugars and nuts and set aside.
3. Using one square at a time, cut in half in both the length and width (so that you have 4 small squares).
4. Take one small square and cut from each corner down until 1/4 inch from the center.
5. Drop a teaspoon of jam mixture in the center of each square.
6. Fold every other corner into the center of the cookie pressing down gently so the dough sticks to the jam. You should end up with a pinwheel shape.
7. Continue to do this with the remaining dough.
8. Place pinwheels on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
9. The pinwheels can be frozen now. Lay in a single layer to defrost and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar before serving.