I think I almost cried last night at dinnertime. I made these wraps and sort of mentally cringed at the protests from my finely honed food testers. Problem is, they seem to have an aversion to chicken, at least the ones younger than 9 yrs old. I grilled the chicken, set up the wraps and handed each one a plate
- 6 pieces of chicken bottoms, deboned (use chicken breasts for a lower fat alternative) -
- 2 tsp soy sauce -
- 2 tsp olive oil -
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or 2 cubes) -
- 6 tortilla wraps -
- 2 ripe avocados -
- 1/2 lime -
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half -
- 1/2 purple onion, peeled -
- 1 cup canned corn -
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro -
- 1/2 cup pareve sour cream -
1. Marinate the chicken in the soy sauce, oil and crushed garlic, for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Heat a grill (or grill pan) to high heat and cook the meat on both sides until cooked through (about 4
minutes each side). Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut the avocado into large cubes and squeeze the half of lime over it to prevent
browning. Set aside. Use peeler to peel the onion into very thin slices.
4. Assemble the wraps: Place one piece of chicken on each, then top with avocado, cherry tomatoes,
onions, corn and a dollop of pareve sour cream and cilantro.
Note: this can easily be served buffet style for a quick and delicious meal.